Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Autumnal Equinox

The Autumnal Equinox occurs tonight, technically at 1:50 a.m. MT on Monday, September 23rd. What this means astronomically is that, as seen from the Celestial Equator, the Earth is tipped neither forward nor backward in relation to the Sun, but rests for a brief moment exactly perpendicular to it and fully receiving the Sun's rays.

Metaphorically, this is an encouragement to come to balance ourselves. As the Equinox models equilibrium, a time in which Yin and Yang are in perfect balance, we can also practice tipping neither forward nor backward, resting instead in a dynamic stillness.

And so to this end, here's a very simple 15 minute meditation on the Autumnal Equinox, a meditation that plays with this balance of energies in a way that may assist you in coming to a deeper stillness. Unfortunately, you'll notice some rough spots in the recording, given the inconsistent internet signal in our little town. What a perfect opportunity to practice living in dynamic balance between perfection and imperfection! I hope it won't be too distracting for you, and that it might give you a chuckle instead.

To listen, just click right here~~

Autumnal Equinox Meditation (To save space on my section of the Zoom cloud, this link is no longer available there. If you'd still like to hear it, just send me an email, and I'll send you the file. Thanks!)

The meditation is recorded on the easily downloadable, totally private and free Zoom platform. If you've never used Zoom before, the link above will take you where you need to go.

And while I have you here, even though we're only now at the Fall Equinox, the Winter Solstice is just around the corner. C'mon, you know it's true! So I've included below the flyer for Resting in the Womb of Winter, A Winter Solstice Women's Retreat. You can also check out the details on my website, by clicking on the photo of that beautiful autumn tree above. If the Retreat appeals to you, please contact me with any questions or to register.

May all the gifts of the season be yours, my lovelies!

💖

Leia

Here's that flyer~~




4 comments:

Carolyn said...

This was absolutely beautiful! At first I watched the lovely pictures, got my breath under control and then melted into myself. Such a blessing on the last day of summer and the beginning of autumn (actually my favorite time of year). I forwarded it to my granddaughter as she takes the day off from college, work and people! Thanks!

No glitches noted!

Leia said...

So glad you enjoyed it, Carolyn! And no glitches?!! Perhaps the glitches are only on my side when I play back the recording. Thanks for listening and for writing. And happy autumn to you and yours!

Jay said...

This was a beautiful meditation! I loved hearing your voice. Thank you so much!

Leia said...

Glad you enjoyed it...and I thank you!